If you’re not currently job searching, what’s the point of keeping your resume up-to-date? I recommend revisiting your resume on a regular basis for a number of reasons:
1. Keep up with changing trends – What was once important may be a given these days – things such as proficiency with email, Office products, and typing are usually expected.
2. Remember major projects – It can be easy to forget your big accomplishments if you’re only updating your resume when you’re looking for a new job.
3. Present yourself as an expert – Are you planning to speak at conferences, publish articles, or speaking to students? Most of these opportunities require a resume.
4. Take advantage of opportunities – Be ready for promotions or freelance work that may come your way.
5. Identify areas that need work – Think about your career goals – are their skills or experiences missing that you need to get there? Consider filling those gaps.
If you’re not sure where to start, my brand new Resume Workbook is now available for only $19.99. Download it today: https://bit.ly/2WVCPe3