You’re feeling stuck. You’re ready to stop talking yourself out of that next role, but not sure how to move in the direction you want.
Or maybe you’re not even sure of the direction to go?
Career change is challenging because so much of our identity is tied to “what we do for a living.” Especially at mid-career!
I’ve been there, too and I can help.
My Career Coaching Programs are informed by own career transitions, as well as years of coaching, training, and advising experience.
I believe that Coaching is about co-creating a space where it’s safe for you to explore what’s possible and dream big. Coaching is a safe place where you feel heard.
I listen for patterns, themes, and relationships to help you uncover what’s really going on and what can be learned from it. Together, we’ll discuss potential blind spots, help you get clarity, and then create an action plan to get you unstuck and moving on to your next level.
Through Coaching, You will Benefit From
- Focused Time and Space to really lean into your career experience, strengths, and accomplishments.
- Clarity –> that restores your Confidence.
- Direction –> that increases Momentum, which improves your Motivation.
- Strategy –> that inspires action and delivers Results.
Every Coaching Program Includes
- Undivided time and attention tailored to you and your goals.
- 360* aerial-view of your situation.
- Exploration of possible next steps.
- Session notes with actionable “homework.”
- Unlimited email access throughout our coaching relationship.
- 15-minute check-in 30-days out.
Intensives: Career Branding & Job Search Readiness
This package is for people who are ready to job search, but haven’t done so in awhile, or are currently searching without results.
4 Coaching Sessions
3 Months of Ongoing Support
- Finding & Crafting your Career Brand
- Job Searching Strategies
- Resume & Cover Letter Reviews
- LinkedIn Profile Update & Strategy
Spotlight: Career Exploration & Advancement
This package is for mid-level professionals who are ready to pursue their Second Act careers, by digging deep into their personal leadership stories and exploring new paths. Spotlight includes career coaching, document updates, and job searching strategies.
6 Coaching Sessions
5 Months of Ongoing Support
- Talents, Skills, & Values Clarification
- Personal Leadership Development
- Finding & Crafting your Career Brand
- Role/Industry Exploration
- Networking Scripts
- Updated Career Collateral (Resume, Cover Letter, & LinkedIn Profile)
- Job Searching Strategies
Additional check-ins 60 & 90 days out.
“Monica was so exceptionally helpful in my journey to changing not just positions but career paths. As a mid-career woman, I felt a little stuck and a lot uncertain about how to frame my experiences and update my documents for my new field. Monica gave concrete, solid advice and she really took the time to listen to what I was saying, honor what I was feeling and help me re-frame it to create a positive thought process and actionable items. Monica’s support, attention to detail, and guidance were major components of my job search success, and if you’re a mid-career woman who feels stuck, I highly recommend you invest in Monica’s services.”
-Stefanie K., Transitioned from Higher Education to Partner Success Manager Role in Ed Tech
Crossroads: A Group Coaching Mastermind
Are you a mid-career woman who is ready for community, accountability, confidence, and momentum?
Are you asking big questions, like “Who am I?” or “What’s Next?”
Then you’re ready for Crossroads, my Signature Group Coaching Program!
This is the mastermind group for you! We’ll spend 4 months together, finding your story, (re)building your confidence, and updating your career brand so you’re ready for what’s next.
- Month One: Gaining Clarity; Talent, Skill, & Values Identification
- Month Two: Career Storytelling
- Month Three: Action Strategies
- Month Four: Virtual Networking
- Monthly Group Coaching Sessions with Like-minded Women on the Same Journey
- 90 minutes of 1:1 Coaching with Monica
- Accountability Calls
- Resume Writing Workbook
- Resume, Cover Letter, & LinkedIn Deep Dives
Sessions are recorded live (via Zoom) and posted for evergreen access. You’ll also connect with fellow participants in our Private Facebook Group.
**The next cohort starts September 28th, 2022.**
There are limited spaces available, so sign up now to claim your spot!
Résumé, Cover Letter, & LinkedIn Writing
Are you trying to write your résumé and feeling confused? Maybe you’re overwhelmed by all the conflicting advice out there? Or perhaps you know you need to confidently talk about yourself, but you’re not sure how?
You can’t just hope people will get how great you are. You have to show them– with a résumé, cover letter, and LinkedIn profile that shine and feel authentically you.
Here’s How We’ll Work Together
My writing process isn’t cookie-cutter. I listen and get to know you first. Then, I start writing.
Together, we’ll uncover the specific examples that highlight the true value of your experience, expertise, and accomplishments, so you can get the results you want and deserve.
By Working with Me, You Will
- Identify your Unique Value Proposition.
- Learn how to communicate your value with clarity.
- Receive Branded Career Documents that help you stand out.
- Accelerate your search.
- Experience peace of mind!
Writing Packages Include
- 2-3 hours of 1:1 conversation
- 8-10 hours of research and writing
- Time for you to provide feedback
- Branded Career Documents to use as you please
- Unlimited email access during the writing process
Investment: Starting at $749
Résumé & LinkedIn Profile (or Cover Letter)
Investment: Starting at $899
Résumé, Cover Letter, & LinkedIn Profile
Investment: Starting at $1,149
“The best advice I can give a job seeker, particularly women seeking leadership roles, is to hire Monica to assist you with your next job search. Monica assisted me with my cover letter and reworked my resume for a recent job search, and the process was painless and practical from start to finish. She spent time with me on a consultation call to better understand my goals and then we dove into my documents. Having a trusted partner who coached me throughout the process was invaluable during my most recent confidential job search, and I know that Monica’s work was influential in helping me land my new role. I spent many years working in career coaching and assisting job seekers with application materials and could easily do this for myself. However, Monica’s guidance and expertise was exactly the push I needed to get my materials in shape and apply for the right role. I won’t go through another job search without her.”
-Jana L., Executive Director of Undergraduate Programs, Fisher College of Business at Ohio State University
Speaking & Training
Drawing from my lived experiences as a business owner, educator, mom, wife, and advocate, I’m a subject matter expert on: mid-career rewards and challenges; pivoting to new industries; and advocating for others.
I share successes and failures, while also trying to make people feel safe and laugh at themselves a little. I have experience in a variety of venues: podcasts, live TV, radio, and large audiences.
Presentations and Trainings can be tailored to meet the needs of any group. I’d love to chat with you about how we can work together to help you and your team achieve your goals. Contact me here to start the conversation.
Check out the links below to See/Hear me in action.
Work-Life Rewards and Challenges
- Generation Z Job Searching & Career Development (#GenZ Podcast)
- Getting Unstuck in Your Mid-Career Job Search (#InVinoFab Podcast)
- Setting Boundaries at Work (Bossed Up Podcast)
- How to Work from Home Without Losing Work-Life Balance (Bossed Up Webinar)
- Advocating for Yourself and Others (Listen to Your Mother Live Reading)
Writing Job Search Documents That Work
The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) is a powerful tool that increases self-awareness and helps people become better communicators, more effective team members, and impactful leaders. Since 2004, I have administered this assessment to large (60+) and small groups (5-10) and can tailor workshops to meet any group’s training needs as a certified MBTI administrator and consultant. MBTI workshops can be half or full-day, depending on the size and developmental needs of your group.
Workshop topics include but are not limited to: self-awareness; leadership development; career development; conflict management; and teamwork. Let me show you how the MBTI can improve your leadership and accelerate your team!
Past Workshop Clients Include
- American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics (ASPET) Mentoring and Career Development Committee
- Michigan Society of Association Executives (MSAE) Young Professionals Group
- Bright Horizons Family Solutions
- Michigan State University
- Madonna University