Transition and uncertainty are hard. It’s normal to feel stuck or confused. Career change is especially challenging because so much of our identity is tied to “what we do.” The good news is, I’ve been there, too and I can help.
Although scary, job searching is also not the time to be humble! It’s not enough to tell people how great you are- you have to show them! I can help you discern specific examples that highlight your skills and accomplishments, so you can tell your story with confidence and level up.
As your coach, it’s my job to listen for patterns, themes, and relationships to help you uncover what’s really going on and what can be learned from it. We’ll discuss potential blind spots, how you can gain clarity on next steps, and then create a plan of action.
Sessions are always tailored to you and your needs. After each session, I provide summary notes from our conversations and “homework” for you to think about before our next call. We can chat over phone, Zoom, or Skype.
Services can be purchased individually or combined into packages.
- 1-1 Coaching
- Resume and Cover Letter Writing and Editing
- LinkedIn Profile Writing and Editing
- Interview Coaching
- Career Exploration
- Job Search Strategies
The MBTI is a powerful tool that increases self-awareness and helps people become stronger leaders, better communicators, and more effective team members. Since 2004, I have administered the instrument to large (60+) and small groups (5-10) and can tailor workshops to meet any group’s training needs. Once we agree on the focus of your session, I email the participants a link to the instrument. Participants take the instrument electronically, at a time and setting of their choosing. Each participant receives a printed profile with information specific to them and their type. 1-1 consults are always available for individuals who have questions or want more in-depth coaching.
“Results” workshops can be half or full-day, depending on the size and developmental needs of your group. Workshop topics include but are not limited to: self-awareness; leadership development; career development; conflict management; and teamwork. I have delivered the MBTI to 100s of individuals, students, staff, faculty, and teams. The results are amazing! Let me show you how the MBTI can improve your leadership and accelerate your team!
Past clients include:
- American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics (ASPET) Mentoring and Career Development Committee
- Michigan Society of Association Executives (MSAE) Young Professionals Group
- Bright Horizons Family Solutions
Michigan State University
- Graduate School Broadening Experience in Scientific Training (BEST) Program
- Women’s Networking Association
- College of Nursing Graduate Student Orientation; Student Support Services Staff Retreat
- EAD 801: Leadership and Organizational Development
- AEE 412: Agriculture and Natural Resources Leadership and Education
- University Activities Board (UAB) General Membership
- Women’s Leadership Conference
- Chapter of Delta Epsilon Chi (DECA) Member Training
- Lear Corporation Career Service Center Student Leader Training
- Inter-fraternity and PanHellenic Councils Executive Board Training
- Department of Student Life Staff Retreat
- UNV 1010: Transition to Higher Education
- Student Leader Training
- CPI|TRIO Staff Retreat
Many topics, one core message: Learn to see the best in yourself, so you can see it in others. I’m proud to be a content expert on: career coaching, especially mid-career issues; leveling up; and advocating for those in need. I draw from my lived experiences as a business owner, educator, mom, wife, and advocate. I share successes and failures, while also trying to make people feel safe and laugh at themselves a little. I have experiences in a variety of venues: live TV, radio, 1-1 meetings, and large audiences.
I offer a variety of engagement formats, including full and half day sessions and keynote speeches. Presentations can be tailored to meet the needs of any group. I look forward to helping you and your team achieve your goals.
- Career Coaching
- Job Search Jump Start
- How to Transition to a New Industry
- Navigating the Opportunities and Challenges of Mid-Career
- Finding Joy in Hard Times
- Advocating for Yourself and Others