Career Coaching & Writing
Transition and uncertainty are hard. It’s normal to feel stuck or confused. Career change is especially challenging because so much of our identity is tied to “what we do.”
The good news is, I’ve been there, too and I can help.
As your career coach, it’s my job to listen for patterns, themes, and relationships to help you uncover what’s really going on and what can be learned from it. We’ll discuss potential blind spots, how you can gain clarity on next steps, and then create a plan of action.
Clarity yields confidence. Direction yields motivation. Strategy yields action.
Coaching Programs Include
- 90 minute; 3-session; and 5-session package options
- Undivided time and attention devoted to you and your goals
- 360* aerial-view = objective advice
- Unlimited email access throughout duration of coaching relationship
- Summary notes, with homework, delivered 7 business days after each call
- 15-minute check-in 30-days out from final call
- Stop spinning
- Renewed confidence in self
- Stronger ability to articulate strengths, career experience, and accomplishments
- Clarity around options
- Actionable strategy for next steps
There’s lots of advice out there. It’s normal to feel confused or overwhelmed. Although scary, job searching is also not the time to be humble! It’s not enough to tell people how great you are- your resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn profile have to show them! I can help you discern specific examples that highlight your skills and accomplishments, so you can tell your story with confidence and level up.
My process isn’t cookie-cutter like lots of others. I listen and get to know you first. Then, I start writing.
- 2 hours of 1:1 conversation to learn more about you, the actions you took, the results you delivered, and ideal next position
- 4-6 hours of writing
- 2 rounds of edits to the document
- On-going email support throughout
- 15-minute follow-up at 30 days
The MBTI is a powerful tool that increases self-awareness and helps people become stronger leaders, better communicators, and more effective team members. Since 2004, I have administered the instrument to large (60+) and small groups (5-10) and can tailor workshops to meet any group’s training needs. Once we agree on the focus of your session, I email the participants a link to the instrument. Participants take the instrument electronically, at a time and setting of their choosing. Each participant receives a printed profile with information specific to them and their type. 1-1 consults are always available for individuals who have questions or want more in-depth coaching.
“Results” workshops can be half or full-day, depending on the size and developmental needs of your group. Workshop topics include but are not limited to: self-awareness; leadership development; career development; conflict management; and teamwork. I have delivered the MBTI to 100s of individuals, students, staff, faculty, and teams. The results are amazing! Let me show you how the MBTI can improve your leadership and accelerate your team!
Past clients include:
- American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics (ASPET) Mentoring and Career Development Committee
- Michigan Society of Association Executives (MSAE) Young Professionals Group
- Bright Horizons Family Solutions
Michigan State University
- College of Veterinary Medicine Staff and Students
- Graduate School Broadening Experience in Scientific Training (BEST) Program
- Women’s Networking Association
- College of Nursing
- EAD 801: Leadership and Organizational Development
- AEE 412: Agriculture and Natural Resources Leadership and Education
- University Activities Board (UAB) General Membership
- Women’s Leadership Conference
- Chapter of Delta Epsilon Chi (DECA) Member Training
- Lear Corporation Career Service Center Student Leader Training
- Inter-fraternity and PanHellenic Councils Executive Board Training
- Department of Student Life Staff Retreat
- UNV 1010: Transition to Higher Education
- Student Leader Training
- CPI|TRIO Staff Retreat
Many topics, one core message: Learn to see the best in yourself, so you can see it in others. I’m proud to be a content expert on: career coaching, especially mid-career issues; leveling up; and advocating for those in need. I draw from my lived experiences as a business owner, educator, mom, wife, and advocate. I share successes and failures, while also trying to make people feel safe and laugh at themselves a little. I have experiences in a variety of venues: live TV, radio, 1-1 meetings, and large audiences.
I offer a variety of engagement formats, including full and half day sessions and keynote speeches. Presentations can be tailored to meet the needs of any group. I look forward to helping you and your team achieve your goals.
- Job Search Jump Start
- How to Transition to a New Industry
- Navigating the Opportunities and Challenges of Mid-Career
- Finding Joy in Hard Times
- Advocating for Yourself and Others