September is #InternationalUpdateYourResumeMonth! Here are some tips and tricks to whip your resume into shape and help you stand out!
- Only highlight the last 10-15 years of your work experience. No need to share all the details of that college internship.
- Get descriptive with your bullets. How many people were on the project team you managed? By what percentage did you exceed your goals?
- Use power words like “achieved, earned, created, launched.”
- Have a friend help you proofread. Start at the bottom of the page and read from right to left. You’ll catch more that way!
- Use a professional file name and save your resume as a PDF so it doesn’t change format when the hiring manager looks at it with a different version of Word.
If you get stuck, don’t hesitate to call me. I’ve seen it all and know how to write a resume that sticks!